Employee FAQ

Do you have an urgent question, or an emergency situation? Contact us now, so we can help. Refer to the Corporate Contacts page to determine who to contact, and how. Email us and we will get back to you with an answer as soon as possible.

How do I correspond with my Supervisor, HR, and Payroll?

You can contact your Supervisor, HR, and Payroll contacts via phone and email. Specific NSTAR contact information is listed on this site on the Corporate Contacts page.

Every NSTAR employee is provided an NSTAR email account, to which all NSTAR email communications will be sent. We will provide you with your email user ID and password. If you have not received this information, you can call us at 1-877-678-2766, ext 4 or email customerservice@nstarglobalservices.com.

Return to top

Is there any training that is required?

Yes. NSTAR requires that every employee must complete, and pass, online safety training courses. You will be contacted via email when you have been registered, and you will be given the web address, your username, and password. If you encounter any problems with the courses, you may contact Corporate Services at customerservice@nstargs.com.

Return to top

Do I have to make my own travel arrangements?

NSTAR’s Corporate Services representatives will work with you to gather any information required to schedule any flights, hotels or other accommodations, rental cars, etc that you may need.

If you become aware of travel or other related accommodations you will need, please contact the Corporate Services Team at customerservice@nstargs.com and someone from our team will follow up with you. For last minute emergency travel needs please call 919-553-8412 ext. 150.

When requiring travel (assignment travel or home trip) please obtain approval from your NSTAR Operations Manager and submit the approval with your request to Corporate Services.

Providing this information to Corporate Services with as much lead time as possible allows us to best accommodate your schedule, and keep costs at a minimum for our clients.

Return to top

What do I do if I need to change my travel arrangements, have missed my flight, am having problems with my hotel, etc?

Contact Corporate Services immediately at 877-678-2766 ext. 4 or email customerservice@nstargs.com. If you have an urgent need outside of normal business hours (Monday to Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Eastern Standard Time), please call 877-678-2766 ext. 150.

Return to top

When am I eligible for insurance?

The eligibility time frame begins the first day of the month after a 30 day waiting period. (I.e. if you are hired on March 15, your waiting period is 30 days. On April 15, you would be eligible to enroll. If you elect to enroll in benefits, your benefits would be effective May 1). Our enrollment portal supports all paperless enrollments. You will be provided a username and password for use in the online benefit portal. Benefit information, as well as your enrollment form, can be found here.

Return to top

What if I go off contract while waiting for another assignment? Will my insurance still be in effect?

For any field employee who is eligible for insurance, and ends an assignment or is taken off assignment, benefits will remain active until the end of that month. If it is determined that the employee is going back on assignment, we will hold the insurance and there will be no lapse in benefits.

Return to top

Where can I change my personal information? (Emergency contact, W4 withholding, direct deposit information, address, etc)

You can access and edit your personal information, as well as view your pay stubs, by accessing your Paycor profile. To edit your personal information view the options under Me- Profiel Summary. To view your pay stubs, update your tax setup, or change your direct deposit information select the options under Me – Paystubs.

Return to top

Does NSTAR provide any 401K match?

NSTAR provides 401K match. 401K is offered through MassMutual. Click here for more information.

Human Resources
Carolyn Humphrey
120 Partlo Street
Garner, NC 27529

Return to top

How do I know what hours I have available for sick or vacation time?

Log into ADP and click Myself – Time Off – Time Off Balances.

Return to top

Who do I contact if I am too sick to go to work?

Notify your NSTAR Operations Manager and your site supervisor as soon as possible in advance of the scheduled shift.

For a list of specific contacts, visit the Corporate Contacts page.

Return to top

If I have a work related injury, who do I contact?

If you have a work related injury, follow all rules and procedures outlined by the facility at which you are working. Immediately notify the onsite supervisor and/or team lead and contact the NSTAR Corporate Services Manager and HR. Be sure to have contact information of any eyewitnesses.

For a list of specific contacts, visit the Corporate Contacts page.

Return to top

What do I do if I have a car accident, or get a ticket?

All ticket violations on company business (in company or personal vehicles), MUST be reported to your NSTAR Operations Manager within 72 hours.

You are responsible for payment of any charges for violations. Additionally, you are responsible for any fees that NSTAR is charged from the car rental agency in connection with these violations.

All accidents on company business (in company or personal vehicles), regardless of severity, must be reported to the police and your NSTAR Operations Manager. Contact NSTAR as soon as possible (from the scene, during the same day, or as soon as possible if immediate or same day reporting is not possible). For contact information, see the Corporate Contacts page.

Accidents involving the employee’s personal injury must be reported to Human Resources for Worker’s Compensation purposes. Failing to stop after an accident and/or failure to report an accident in a timely manner may result in disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.

If you are involved in an accident, follow the directions below.

  • Call for medical aid if necessary.
  • Call the police. All accidents, regardless of severity, must be reported to the police. If the driver cannot get to a phone, he/she should write a note, providing location, to a reliable-appearing motorist and ask him/her to notify the police. Never leave the scene of an accident, even to call the police.
  • Record the following information: In an attempt to minimize the ramifications of an accident, the driver must obtain all pertinent information and report it accurately.
    • Names and addresses of the driver and occupants of the other vehicles, witnesses, and any medical personnel who may arrive at the scene.
    • The driver’s license number of the other driver, insurance company name and policy number of the other vehicle.
    • The make, model, and year of the other vehicle, date and time of accident, and overall road and weather conditions.
  • Do not discuss the accident with anyone at the scene except the police. Do not accept any responsibility for the accident. Don’t argue with anyone.
  • Provide the other party with your name, address, driver’s license number, and insurance information.
  • Immediately report the accident to your NSTAR Operations Manager, and provide a copy of the accident report, photos and your written description of the accident to Carolyn Humphrey at chumphrey@nstargs.com.

For a list of specific contacts, visit the Corporate Contacts page.

Return to top

When do I get paid?

NSTAR employees are paid every other Friday, for the previous two work weeks (ending the Sunday before the pay date). For example, if you submitted a timecard for week beginning January 8, 2018 and ending January 21, 2018, you would receive payment the following Friday, January 26, 2018. For more information on getting paid on time, click here.

For the payroll schedule, click here.

Return to top

When do time cards need to be submitted?

All time cards must be submitted weekly. For those employees that work standard shift Monday-Friday please submit your time card on Friday by COB. For those employees that work weekend shift please submit your time card at the of your shift (no later than 11:59 pm EST on Sunday). If we do not receive your time card on the scheduled due date, you may not receive your current pay until the following scheduled NSTAR pay period.

For more tips on how to make sure you are paid correctly and on time, click here.

Return to top

What is the overtime policy?

Overtime varies depending on the state you are working in, or the state in which you reside. All employees who do not work or live in California, Colorado, or Oregon will receive overtime for any hours worked over 40 hours in a week.

  • California: If you live or work in California, you will receive overtime as any time over 8 hours in a day and over 40 hours in a week.
  • Colorado: If you live or work in Colorado, you will receive overtime for any time over 12 hours in a day
  • Oregon: If you live or work in Oregon, you will receive overtime for any time over 10 hours in a day.

Return to top

Do I receive shift differential if I work a night shift?

Yes. Please make sure you select the correct shift when recording your time.

Return to top

How can I view my pay stub?

You may view your pay stubs at any time by logging into ADP. Click Myself – Pay – Pay Statements.

Return to top

What holidays will I get paid for?

Employees are only paid for NSTAR designated holidays. Click here to view the current holiday schedule.

Return to top

Who should I contact when requesting vacation?

Time off should be requested and approved by your manager through ADP. Click here for directions on requesting time off. If travel is needed please contact Corporate Services at customerservice@nstarglobalservices.com. Please provide 2 weeks advance notice.

Return to top

What happens to my unused vacation time?

If you do not use all your vacation by your anniversary date, you will be paid out for all unused hours at that time. Please contact Payroll to ensure you receive payment for all unused vacation time.

Return to top

How do I report my expenses through Concur?

Click here to review the Concur expense guide. To access Concur visit: https://www.concursolutions.com

Return to top

Are time and expenses paid separately?

Yes. Expenses are paid separately through Concur.

Return to top

How do I change my tax withholdings?

You may view and edit your tax withholdings once you log into ADP. Under the Myself tab view Tax Withholdings under the Pay section.

Return to top

How do I change my direct deposit information?

Log into ADP and click Myself – Pay – Direct Deposits.

Return to top

What do I do if I can’t log into ADP or I have forgotten my login information?

If you have forgotten your login information please click Forgot Your User ID/Password? on the ADP login page. For assistance contact:

Annette McDaniel
Office: (984) 232-0671
Email: amcdaniel@nstarglobalservices.com

Return to top

What do I do if I can’t log into my NSTAR email?

NSTAR provides all employees with a free NSTAR email account. This email account will be the main portal for communication from NSTAR to our team members in the field. Without checking this account on a regular basis (at least twice a week), you will not receive vital information which may cause you to be at a disadvantage.

To access your NSTAR email, visit http://webmail.nstarglobalservices.com

Your email address will be a combo of your first name initial and your full last name @nstarglobalservices.com

For example: John Smith = jsmith@nstarglobalservices.com

The password is originally set to be your full last name (capital first letter) followed by the last 4 digits of your Social Security number.

For example: Smith1234

If you are still unable to log into your NSTAR email account, please contact Corporate Services at 877-678-2766 ext 4 or email customerservice@nstargs.com. When sending from your personal email account, please make sure to include your name in the email.

Once your password has been reset, you will be notified in your personal email account.

Return to top